Friday 11 May 2012

सुखार्थी वा त्यजेत विद्याम विद्यार्थी वा त्यजेत  सुखं 
सु:खार्थिनो कुतो विद्या कुतो विद्यार्थिनः सुखं 

Sukhaarthi wa tyajeeat vidyam vidyarthi wa tyajeat sukham
sukharthinah kuto vidya kuto vidyarthinah sukham.

i.e.   Those who are in pursuit of a comfortable life (sukh) should forget about learning (vidya) and those who are in pursuit of learning should forget about comfortable living. Those who are after pleasures of life never become learned and those who want to be learned should never expect to lead an easy life as they have to toil to gain knowledge.

10 comments:

  1. Pose tell the meaning of this shook in hindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Otherwise it is superb nd tell the meaning of this shlok in hindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. good work mr joshi
    u know HOLIDAY HOMEWORK

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice share.thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am an great admirer of Sanskrit. It is the richest human expression in content and form and by far a rational and mathematical language.I have inherited love for Sanskrit and little knowledge of Sanskrit as well, as my mother and her mother were both "Shastri"and exponent of Sanskrit. Namaskar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I know what was written on the door of our Library in 1990!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to study...all my life..but my parents want to see me as doing a government job.. i want to study physics throughout my life.....plz anyone pray for me to the god .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sukhartha Sheth Vidya Vidyarthi Kshetra Jay sukham Sukha 3 Kota Vidya Vidyarthi na kutta sukham sukham

    ReplyDelete